- The core issue of farmers massacre in which 24 people lost their lives has been ignored and their leader jailed
- When politicians are competing to set higher standards for corruption, a honest former socialist legislator and a leading anti-corruption leader has been convicted for life imprisonment
- The judgment is based on the testimony of the witnesses who are accused for farmers massacre
- Although the judgment finds Dr Sunilam innocent of all charges except ‘commonality of intent’ with the agitated farmers still he has been sentenced inconsistently
- The judgment signals that judiciary does not appear to be autonomous. It appears to be overwhelmed.
For Details: Ramesh Kr. Sharma, INSAF-Indian Social Action Forum, New Delhi-110016, Ph: 011-26517814, 65663958, 9818111562. Gopal Krishna, Mb: 9818089660